Thursday, October 22, 2015

Analysis of IMRaD paper vs. argument based paper.

The difference between the two papers is pretty easy to distinguish. The IMRaD report uses many different formatting techniques that I wouldn’t normally find in a argument based research paper. The IMRaD research paper also uses different forms of writing than the normal papers I write.
One of the things I noticed was the paragraph at the beginning of the paper that was in italics. It stood out from the other paragraphs and introduced what was going to be talked about within the paper
Another thing that I noticed was the amount of graphs and charts used to represent data found within the experiment. It was much more scientific than most of the paper I normally write that are argument based.
They also periodically changed format within the paper to make the reader more easily notice the restatement of questions or main ideas. Normally in the papers I write everything is uniform and stays the same throughout the paper.

At the end of the paper they have a source page that is longer than any other I have seen before. They also use an appendix at the end to help the reader find what they are looking for within the paper. I have never written a paper long enough or in depth enough for me to have to use a appendix

No comments:

Post a Comment